Raw Vegan Cheesecake
- 1 cup pitted dates (soaked in warm water for 5 minutes then drained)
- 1 cup of mixed nuts (I use macadamia, walnut, almond and pecan)
- 1.5 cups raw cashews, soaked in warm/hot water for 20-30 minutes
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tbsp full fat coconut cream
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- Add dates to a food processor and blend until small bits remain and it forms into a ball. Remove and set aside.
- Next add nuts and process into a meal (try get this very fine). Then add dates back in and blend until a loose dough forms - it should stick together when you squeeze a bit between your fingers. If it's too dry, add a few more dates through the spout while processing. If too wet, add more almond or walnut meal.
- Lightly grease a standard tin. I did think with butter and mine stuck, so you could try greasing with oil see if that's better.
- Press mixture down into tin with fingers to make crust. To pack it down, use a small glass or the back of a spoon to compact it and really press it down. Set in freezer to firm.
- Add all filling ingredients to a food processor and mix until very smooth. I left my food processor on for 5 minutes to get it really creamy.
- Add the filling and decorate with berries. Tap a few times to release any air bubbles, then cover with plastic wrap and freeze until hard - about 4-6 hours (I found it took less).
- Raspberry coulis: Heat 1 cup frozen raspberries in the microwave. Add 1/2 diced papaya, blend, then freeze. When frozen scrape with a fork and add as a topping.