- Pork shoulder
- Herb Rub: Mixed spice, 5 spice, Nutmeg, Chilli, Cinnamon
- Make your herb rub 1 day prior to coat and marinate the meat in overnight. Combine spices and then make it into a paste by combining it with oil and rubbing into the meat with your hands.
- Preheat your oven to 120°C and place a large oven-proof dish with water at the bottom of the oven. Place the pork directly above it in a rack. Place the thermometer into the meat at it's thickest point and cook until it reads 190°C.
- Take the pork out of the oven. Remove the skin (this can be made into crackle or discarded). Wrap the pork in tin foil and then in a towel and let it rest for 1 hour.
- Take two forks and pull apart - there should be a nice bark or crust around the outside. This is the best part; it's full of flavour.
- We had ours on a bed of mixed salad, scattered with pomegranate and garlic chives. Enjoy!