GF, Vegan, Taco Recipe
Tacos in their natural form are vegan and gluten free, but if you don’t have any corn flour lying around and you find it difficult to work with like me, try this recipe.
Essentially this is a savoury pancake batter, these thin crispy pancakes/tacos are perfect for a mexican style feast. I am making my own chickpea flour from dry chickpeas with my high-powered blender, and the same with the flaxseed meal.
- 1 cup chickpea flour
- 1/3 cup corn flour
- 1/3 cup flaxseed meal
- 1.5 cups water
- You can also add additional spices, I added 1 teaspoon of each of the following turmeric, paprika and poppy seeds but feel free to use your own
- Mix all ingredients. You want the batter to have a crepe like consistency, if you have the taco/pancakes too thick they will split when you fill them.
- Add your choice of oil to a pan on a medium to high heat, when the pan is warm add your batter, roll the pan so that the taco gets nice and thin, cook for 2-3 mins on the first side and then 1-2 on the other side.
- This recipe makes 4 medium sized taco shells.
- I filled mine with liquid amino marinated eggplant, which I then broil in a pan until soft, avocado, tomato, corn and lettuce.