Clean Chicken Madras
- 800g organic Free Range chicken
- Juice of two lemons
- 1cm cube of fresh ginger
- 4 diced garlic cloves
- 2 large onions (diced)
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup of capsicum pur̩e
- 1 small red chili (optional)
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of: Turmeric, Coriander powder, Paprika, Fennel powder, Salt, Cumin seeds
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces. Combine the lemon juice with the paprika, fennel, coriander and turmeric powder along with 1 tsp of salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Dice onions, ginger, garlic and chili.
- Heat your coconut oil in a pan and add your cumin seeds before adding the garlic, ginger and chili. Cook until brown on a medium heat.
- Add the chicken and toss through and cook on all sides before adding your spice paste you set aside before and coat the chicken well.
- Add your capsicum paste and your water and simmer for 20 minutes before serving with brown rice.