Chia and Quince Mini Cake
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3 Tbsps honey (best organic quality possible)
- 1 handful of chia seeds
- 2 quince peeled and boiled until soft, then puréed (I poach mine in coconut milk cinnamon and star-anise)
- 1 can coconut cream
- Cinnamon to taste
- Raspberry powder
- 1 ripe fig
- Mini cake dish from Stevens (they come in a two pack)
- In a food processor blitz your almonds to a fine crumb before heating your honey in the microwave and pouring into the processor while it's still going. You should have a nice sticky crumb.
- Line the bottom of your cake dish with this - use the back of a spoon to really pack it down before putting in the freezer to set.
- In a bowl combine your puréed quince, the last of the melted honey, your chia seeds, the top 3/4 of creamy part of the coconut cream and some cinnamon to taste. Pour this into your cake tin and place in the freezer to set.
- Leave for at least 4 hours before powdering with raspberry powder and topping with your fig. You'll need to let it stand at room temperature before serving for about 30-45 minutes depending on how long you froze it for. Enjoy!