Beer Butt Chicken
- 1 Free Range corn fed Rangitikei Chook
- 1 can of Beer
- 3-4 Tbsps Salsa Picante
- Olive oil
- Rub: 1 Tbsp of the following: Smoked paprika, Cayenne pepper, Ground fennel seeds, Ground coriander, Ground cumin, Salt, Black pepper, Star anise
- Preheat the oven to 200°C fan forced.
- Coat the chicken in olive oil and then cover in the rub using your hands. Take your can and pour out or set aside 2/3 of the beer before inserting the chicken onto the can. Cook for 60 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the oven and baste with your salsa picante (sauce made from habanero chilies found in the international section) and cook for another 10 minutes before serving.