Vegan Quinoa Curry
- 1 cup of quinoa - used white
- 1 egg plant diced into 1-2 cm cubes
- 3-4 oyster mushrooms or any mushrooms you have sliced
- 3-4 tablespoons curry spice mix – I used vegetable masala mix I brought home from my trip to India
- 1 whole onion diced
- 1 clove of garlic minced or finely diced
- 1/3 cup coconut milk to serve
- In a hot pan, heat oil on a medium heat and fry onion, garlic and spices until the onion is is slightly translucent. Then add quinoa seeds and toast the in the pan for 3 minutes.
- Add your eggplant and mushrooms and 3-4 tablespoons and brown slightly before adding enough water to cover everything. Let boil.
- When you notice the quinoa is cooked; they will start to open and look like they have little white tails, check the consistency and add more water if you think it needs it, chia soaks up a lot of liquid so you may need to add water as you go in this recipe.
- Taste and check the flavour add some salt and pepper at this point and then serve with a splash of coconut milk.