- 4 mashed ripe bananas
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 1/3 cup water or nut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
For the dry ingredients:
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- ¼ cup corn flour
- 6 dates chopped
- 1 handful of walnuts
- Sliced banana, chopped walnuts for topping (optional)
- Preheat the oven on high. Lightly spray a 9×5-inch loaf pan with oil and set aside (I used a metal pot as I don’t have any bake wear)
- In a large bowl, mash the banana until almost smooth.
- Stir the wet ingredients (ground flax, water, melted oil and honey) into the banana until combined.
- Stir the dry ingredients (oats, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and corn flour) into the wet mixture, one by one, in the order listed. Stop stirring when there are no flour patches at the bottom of the bowl.
- Pour the dough into the loaf pan and spread out evenly. Add your toppings.
- Place your loaf into the oven and immediately turn down to 180 degrees. Bake the loaf, uncovered, for 45 to 55 minutes, until lightly golden and firm on top.
- Place the loaf pan on a cooling rack for 30 minutes. Then, slide a knife around the loaf to loosen it and gently remove it from the pan/pot, placing it directly onto the cooling rack until completely cooled.