Made some mini cheesecakes just to show kosta I can make a cheesecake without cheese! People in Greece think this food is so weird! The following can be made with any assortment of nuts for the base.
Mini "Cheese cakes" - Dairy & refined sugar free
- One Handful of the following;
- - Walnuts
- - Almonds
- - Salted cashews
- - Blended with a tablespoon of coconut butter and a tablespoon of raw honey
- - 2 cups cashews soaked in warm water for 4 hours, or over night.
- - Drain and add to a high powered blender along with 1 cup of coconut cream and 1/3 cup water, 2 tablespoons honey
- - Blended until smooth and Separate into two portions
- With one portion add some soft fruit, I used plums and a dash of beet juice for the pink layer.
- Once you have everything prepared start adding your layers, first a 1.5cm layer of your blended nuts, then your first filling layer. Between colors store the mini cake in the fridge so it can set a little, and the colors don’t bleed into each other.
- Once your finished freeze for an hour before eating.